Moharebeh - Iran's Sharia Law

Moharebeh - Iran's Sharia Law

Although we look around and think that there are many problems with our laws.  Either we are being way to strict, or not strict enough - somehow we always believe we are doing it wrong.  One thing to be thankful for is that our religious and political freedom is not quite as strict as in Iran.

Last Saturday, Iran put 16 opposition supporters detained during anti-government protests last month on trial on charges of rioting and conspiring against the ruling system.

The defendants face charges ranging from plotting against the establishment to violating security regulations. Five of those on trial, including two women, were accused of "moharebeh," or defying God, a charge that could carry the death penalty.

"Moharebeh," literally means "fighting" in classical Arabic, moharebeh is the term used in Iran's Sharia law to describe a major crime committed against Islam and the state. It carries a punishment ranging from imprisonment to death.

Those who stood trial Saturday were detained during anti-government demonstrations on Dec. 27. At least eight people were killed and hundreds more were arrested in those rallies, during which opposition activists and security forces clashed.

The new trial comes amid a sweeping crackdown by Iran's clerical leaders against opposition activists in a bid to crush the challenge that has emerged to their rule in the wake of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's disputed re-election in June. The opposition says Ahmadinejad's victory was fraudulent.

Iran's hard-line government has quashed opposition rallies and tried more than 100 political activists in a mass trial that started in August, sentencing 11 people to death and more than 80 people to prison terms ranging from six months to 15 years.


Thank you,


Landon J. Ascheman, Esq.


Landon@AschemanSmith.com


(B) 612.217.0077 (C) 651.280.9533 (F) 651.344.0700


Contact Me LinkedinFacebookBlog RSSTwitterGoogleGoogleGoogle

P.S. Have an attorney in your phone? Add us now 612-217-0077 - While we hope you never need us, we're here if you do.



65 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was totally right.

This post truly made my day. You cann't consider just how much
time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

Wed, May 29, 2019 @ 9:24 PM

2. wrote:
It is the best time to make some plans for the
future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could
I wish to suggest you some interesting things or advice.
Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read even more things about it!

Thu, May 30, 2019 @ 4:32 PM

3. wrote:
It's amazing designed for me to have a web page, which is beneficial in favor of my knowledge.
thanks admin

Sat, June 1, 2019 @ 9:15 PM

4. wrote:
Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you so much,
However I am experiencing troubles with your RSS.
I don't know why I can't join it. Is there anybody else getting identical RSS issues?
Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond?
Thanx!!

Wed, September 4, 2019 @ 2:01 AM

5. wrote:
Hello There. I discovered your weblog the usage of msn. This is an extremely neatly
written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

Sat, September 7, 2019 @ 8:18 AM

6. wrote:
This excellent website definitely has all of the information and facts I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 5:54 AM

7. wrote:
Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your site in internet explorer, may test
this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a large portion of
other folks will leave out your wonderful writing because of this problem.

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 7:23 AM

8. wrote:
Very quickly this web page will be famous amid all blogging viewers, due to it's pleasant content

Wed, November 13, 2019 @ 10:31 PM

9. wrote:
Wonderful website you have here but I was curious if you knew
of any forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable people that share
the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Many thanks!

Mon, December 16, 2019 @ 11:47 PM

10. wrote:
This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!!
Finally I have found something that helped me. Thanks!

Tue, December 31, 2019 @ 5:48 PM

11. wrote:
Good day! This post could not be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
I will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a
good read. Thank you for sharing!

Thu, January 2, 2020 @ 10:04 AM

12. wrote:
Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was
wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've
had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform.
I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Tue, January 14, 2020 @ 3:54 AM

13. wrote:
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact
was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?

Sun, January 26, 2020 @ 7:03 AM

14. wrote:
This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more
of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 12:13 PM

15. wrote:
I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get set up?
I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost
a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 12:17 PM

16. wrote:
Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, as well as the content!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 12:24 PM

17. wrote:
Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you so much, However
I am going through problems with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I
cannot join it. Is there anybody else having the same
RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer will you
kindly respond? Thanx!!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 1:30 PM

18. wrote:
Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write a little comment to support you.

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 1:31 PM

19. wrote:
Inspiring story there. What happened after? Good luck!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:10 PM

20. wrote:
Spot on with this write-up, I truly feel this website needs
far more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the info!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:18 PM

21. wrote:
Hi! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay.
I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:27 PM

22. wrote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about 함평카지노 슬롯머신 종류.

Regards

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:42 PM

23. wrote:
Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
It's the little changes that produce the biggest changes.
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:49 PM

24. wrote:
Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a
enjoyment account it. Look advanced to far brought agreeable from
you! However, how can we be in contact?

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 2:54 PM

25. wrote:
Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this website
needs far more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more,
thanks for the info!

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 3:23 PM

26. wrote:
Hi it's me, I am also visiting this website daily, this website is in fact nice and the people are
genuinely sharing nice thoughts.

Mon, January 27, 2020 @ 3:48 PM

27. wrote:
Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with?
I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough
time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
completely unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to
ask!

Tue, January 28, 2020 @ 11:46 AM

28. wrote:
It's going to be finish of mine day, however before finish I am reading this fantastic post to increase my experience.

Tue, January 28, 2020 @ 11:50 AM

29. wrote:
This is my first time go to see at here and i am truly pleassant to read everthing at alone place.

Tue, January 28, 2020 @ 12:02 PM

30. wrote:
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Tue, January 28, 2020 @ 12:13 PM

31. wrote:
My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different web
page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I
see so now i am following you. Look forward to exploring your
web page yet again.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 1:38 AM

32. wrote:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to
assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access
consistently rapidly.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 1:40 AM

33. wrote:
Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any recommendations?

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 2:25 AM

34. wrote:
I simply could not leave your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information an individual
supply to your guests? Is gonna be again often in order to investigate cross-check new posts

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 2:27 AM

35. wrote:
Good post! We will be linking to this great article on our site.
Keep up the good writing.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 2:37 AM

36. wrote:
Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any
tips?

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 2:53 AM

37. wrote:
This web site certainly has all of the information I needed concerning this subject and didn't know who to
ask.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 3:01 AM

38. wrote:
Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any recommendations?

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 3:12 AM

39. wrote:
I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both
equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head.
The issue is an issue that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
I'm very happy that I stumbled across this during my search for something concerning this.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 3:18 AM

40. wrote:
Hi there, this weekend is nice in support of me, because this occasion i am reading this enormous informative piece of
writing here at my home.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 3:29 AM

41. wrote:
What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so afterward you will absolutely obtain good know-how.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 3:57 AM

42. wrote:
When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the image of a user
in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it. Thus that's why this article is outstdanding.
Thanks!

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 4:09 AM

43. wrote:
Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend
your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site?

The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little
bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 4:17 AM

44. wrote:
This post will assist the internet users for building up new blog or even a blog from start to end.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 4:28 AM

45. wrote:
Quality articles or reviews is the crucial to attract the users to
visit the site, that's what this website is providing.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 5:16 AM

46. wrote:
Hello, yup this paragraph is in fact good and I have learned
lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 5:19 AM

47. wrote:
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I
stumbleupon every day. It will always be exciting to read through articles
from other authors and use something from other sites.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 5:40 AM

48. wrote:
Really no matter if someone doesn't know afterward its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it happens.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 6:04 AM

49. wrote:
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted
at this web page is actually pleasant.

Thu, January 30, 2020 @ 8:11 AM

50. wrote:
My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was entirely right.

This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just
how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 5:49 AM

51. wrote:
If you are going for finest contents like me, simply pay a visit this website every day since it offers quality contents, thanks

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 6:42 AM

52. wrote:
Hi there friends, fastidious paragraph and nice arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 6:57 AM

53. wrote:
Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site,
how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped
me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered
bright clear concept

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 7:04 AM

54. wrote:
fantastic issues altogether, you simply won a logo new reader.
What would you suggest in regards to your publish that you made some days in the past?
Any certain?

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 7:19 AM

55. wrote:
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, as well as the content!

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 7:28 AM

56. wrote:
Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Appreciate it

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 8:14 AM

57. wrote:
Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you know then you can write otherwise it is complicated
to write.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 8:41 AM

58. wrote:
I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog
and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog
like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very
web smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kudos

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 8:48 AM

59. wrote:
You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I to find this matter to be
really something which I think I might by no means
understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely
huge for me. I'm having a look ahead in your subsequent publish, I will attempt to get
the cling of it!

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 9:33 AM

60. wrote:
Informative article, just what I was looking for.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 9:51 AM

61. wrote:
Hello colleagues, its enormous paragraph regarding educationand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 10:17 AM

62. wrote:
This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Kudos!

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 10:22 AM

63. wrote:
This website truly has all of the info I wanted concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 10:49 AM

64. wrote:
Ahaa, its pleasant conversation about this article here at this blog, I
have read all that, so at this time me also
commenting at this place.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 11:36 AM

65. wrote:
Every weekend i used to pay a visit this website, as i wish for enjoyment, since this
this web page conations truly fastidious funny stuff too.

Sat, February 1, 2020 @ 12:48 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.